1. World Customs Organization: The Kingdom of Bahrain joined the Agreement to Establish the Customs Cooperation Council (WCO), and became a full member in the same on February 28, 2001 by virtue of Law Decree No. 13 of 2001. Customs Affairs takes part in higher meetings and the WCO Customs Technical meetings
The Customs Affairs in the Kingdom of Bahrain has occupied the position of Vice chair of the World Customs Organization (WCO) in addition to the presidency of the North Africa and Near East region (MENA) from 2014 to 2020, in a period full of success and achievements.
His Excellency Sheikh Ahmed bin Hamad Al Khalifa, president of Customs, was elected as Chairperson of (WCO) Council by acclamation, and this came during the (137th) exceptional session of the WCO.
- The website of WCO is: http://www.wcoomd.org
2. GCC Relations: Customs Affairs of the Kingdom of Bahrain established effective participation in the meetings of committees and task force of relevance to Customs Affairs Administration of the Economic Affairs Sector of the Secretariat General of GCC member states, as follows:
- Meetings at the level of the Federal Customs Authority (FCA)
- Technical meetings and Task Force: Coordinated System Committee, Customs Procedures and Computers Committee, the Committee in charge of reviewing the Unified Customs Law, Settling Customs Duties Amongst GCC States Committee, Direct Customs Duties Automatic Transfer Committee, Feasibility Study of Joining Certain International Customs Agreements of the WCO Task Force, Economic Operator Task Force.
- The GCC Secretariat General Website is http://www.gcc-sg.org
3. Arab Relations:
Customs Affairs of the Kingdom of Bahrain established effective participation in meetings of committees and task force of relevance to the Economic Affairs Sector of the Arab League Secretariat General, as follows:
- Higher Committees: Meet of the Arab States Customs Directors General.
- Technical Committees: Arab Customs Federation Committee, Customs Procedures and Information Committee, Arab Customs Law Committee, Transit Committee, Origin Rules Committee, Arab Customs Tariff Committee, Arab Initiative for the Security and Facilitation of Trade Provision Chain Task Force, Coordination Committee of Translations of the Coordinated System.
- The website for the Arab League Secretariat General: http://www.lasportal.org
4. Agreements: The Kingdom of Bahrain signed a number of international agreements for purposes of facilitating trade amongst border, whereas Customs Affairs plays an effective role in implementing the same, such as:
- Free Trade Agreement between the governments of the Kingdom of Bahrain and the USA.
- International Environment Agreement.
- Agreements ensuing of the WCO: Harmonized Commodity Description and Coding System, Kyoto Amended Agreement, Temporary Entry Agreement.
- Agreements ensuing from the WTO: Trade Facilitation Agreement.
- Agreements ensuing from the Arab League: the Trade Exchange Facilitation Amongst Arab Countries Agreement.
- 3.4.4 Agreements ensuing from the GCC:
Unified Guide for Customs Procedures at First Points of Entry into the Member States of the Cooperation Council for the Arab States of the Gulf (GCC( was established, the Free Trade Agreement between Member States of the Cooperation Council for the Arab States of the Gulf (GCC and Singapore, establishing the GCC Customs Union, and the Free Trade Zone between GCC member states and AFTA member states.