What is the GCC Authorized Economic Operator?
It is a program that provides a package of benefits and facilitations to the economic operator that meets the required criteria in the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) Authorized Economic Operator Program, within SAFE Framework of Standards to Secure and Facilitate Global Trade adopted by the World Customs Organization (SAFE Framework).
Eligibility Criteria for the GCC AEO
A proper record of compliance with customs laws and regulations and other laws and obligations related to customs activities
A record management system that enable the necessary internal control
The World Customs Organization SAFE Framework of Standards to Secure and Facilitate Global Trade (SAFE Framework)
JOIN THE AEO PROGRAMME
Ensure that your company is eligible to join the GCC AEO program
Submit application to join the program
Submit the Self-Assessment Questionnaire
You will be contacted by Customs Affairs after confirming that your company is eligible to join the program and has passed the basic customs requirements and conditions.
Arrangements will be made to visit your company's premises and complete the procedures for joining the program.
The following represents the facilitations that will be granted to companies that meet and pass all the eligibility requirements and conditions to obtain GCC AEO Certificate, noting that Customs Affairs will maintain the confidentiality of information related to the beneficiary.
- Simplified verification of documents related to customs clearance operations
- A company that holds the status of GCC AEO has the advantage of lower inspection based on risk analysis
- The GCC AEO certificate holder is given a special treatment by having its exports and imports pass through fast lanes.
- Priority in inspection and fast cargo clearance process.
- The possibility of requesting a private place for customs inspection and transfer of commodities directly to the AEO warehouses, in coordination and approval of the customs authorities, or to places approved by the customs authorities to complete customs inspection and clearance.
- Providing financial facilitations (if any).
Benefits offered by regulatory and border authorities
- Providing additional facilitations to AEOs through cooperation with the regulatory and border authorities
Benefits of the mutual recognition agreement
- Mutual recognition agreements concluded by the GCC states with other countries provide advantages in those countries in which the economic operators accredited in the GCC states can benefit from
- Training and participation in workshops and meetings, organized by customs administrations in the GCC States, to spread awareness of the benefits, features, and conditions to join the GCC AEO Program.
- Appointment of liaison officers, by the customs authorities, to handle issues related to the clearance of commodities for GCC AEOs.
- The possibility of benefiting from AEO’s status in marketing.
- Any other, added or upgraded, benefits that are agreed upon by the team of the GCC AEO
- The competent Customs Administration grants the GCC AEO, accredited by the Customs Administration, additional local advantages and benefits to facilitate customs transactions for the Authorized Economic Operator in the same country.
- Once the GCC Authorized Economic Operator status is granted by the Customs Administration in the relevant country, it will receive a package of facilitations in all the GCC countries.
Still have few doubts?
You can go through our FAQs here.
For further information, you may contact us by
e-mail at: email@example.com