- In 2008, Customs Affairs was transferred from under the umbrella of the Finance Ministry to the Ministry of Interior in the era of the Interior Minister, His Excellency General Shaikh Rashid Bin Abdullah Al Khalifa by virtue of Royal Decree No. (43) for 2008.
- Customs Affairs consists of three general administrations, namely: the General Administration for Planning and Administrative Affairs, the General Administration of Inspection and Customs Security, and the General Administration of Clearing and Customs Services.
Tasks Entrusted to Customs Affairs:
- Significant contribution to national economy.
- Promote travel and lawful trade.
- Protect Bahrain from prohibited and restricted goods and items.
- Protect the land, air and sea borders.
His Excellency General Shaikh Rashid Bin Abdullah Al Khalifa
His Excellency Sheikh Ahmed Bin Hamad Al Khalifa
President of Customs
LT. Colonel Salman Ebrahim Al Bufalah
Director of Communication and Strategic Planning
Basem Yusuf Alsaadi
Head of Legal Affairs Unit
Aref A.Rahman Faqih
Director of Internal Audit and Performance Follow up
Sheikh Terki Bin Duaij Al Khalifa
Director General Of Resources and Information Systems
Hamad Ahmed Buhijji
Director of Financial Resources
Waleed Yousif Ajoor
Director of Planning and Customs Policies
Sh. Sultan Duaij Al Khalifa
Director of Human Resources and Administration Affairs
Waleed A.Aziz Al Sabagh
Director General of Clearance and Customs Services
Major. Mohammed Ali Al Shaikh
Director of Customs Risks
Shaikha Muneera bint Mohammed Al Khalifa
Director of Customs Licensing and Customer Service
Amal Isa Bujandal
Director of Information System
Brigadier. Abdulla Hamad Al Kubaisi
Director General of Inspection & Customs Security
Major. Abdulla Subah Aldoseri
Director of the Sea Port Customs
Colonel / Rashed Yahya Al Baker
Director of the Airport Customs
Mohammed Hassan Al Isa
Director of the Land port Customs
Colonel / Feras Ebrahim Al Daisi