- In 2008: the affiliation of Customs Affairs was transferred from the Ministry of Finance to the Ministry of Interior since the appointment of the Minister of Interior, Lieutenant-General His Excellency Sheikh Rashid bin Abdullah Al Khalifa
- Customs Affairs consists of three general administrations, namely: the Resources and Information Systems General Directorate, Clearance and Customs Services General Directorate, and the Inspection & Customs Security General Directorate.
Tasks Entrusted to Customs Affairs:
- Significant contribution to national economy.
- Promote travel and lawful trade.
- Protect Bahrain from prohibited and restricted goods and items.
- Protect the land, air and sea borders.
His Excellency General Shaikh Rashid Bin Abdullah Al Khalifa
His Excellency Sheikh Ahmed Bin Hamad Al Khalifa
President of Customs
LT. Colonel Salman Ebrahim Al Bufalah
Director of Communication and Strategic Planning
Basem Yusuf Alsaadi
Head of Legal Affairs Unit
Aref A.Rahman Faqih
Director of Internal Audit and Performance Follow up
Sheikh Terki Bin Duaij Al Khalifa
Director General Of Resources and Information Systems
Hamad Ahmed Buhijji
Director of Financial Resources
Amal Isa Bujandal
Director of Information System
Sh. Sultan Duaij Al Khalifa
Director of Human Resources and Administration Affairs
Shaikha Muneera bint Mohammed Al Khalifa
Director General of Clearance and Customs Services
LT. Colonel Abdulla Subah Aldoseri
Director Of Customs Clearance
Brigadier. Abdulla Hamad Al Kubaisi
Director General of Inspection & Customs Security
LT. Colonel Mohammed Ali Al Shaikh
Director of the Sea Port Customs
Colonel / Rashed Yahya Al Baker
Director of the Airport Customs
Mohammed Hassan Al Isa
Director of the Land port Customs
Colonel / Feras Ebrahim Al Daisi