What is Authorized Economic Operator(AEO)?
Authorized Economic Operator (AEO) is defined as one of the participating party in the movement of international trade in a manner that conforms to international customs regulations or to equivalent adopted standards of supply chain security. The economic operator includes importers, exporters, manufacturers, brokers, transportation companies, ports, airports, ports operators, warehouses and distributors.
JOIN THE AEO PROGRAMME
- Specified counter working 24/7 to provide services to AEOs in clearance phase.
- Immediate and fast release of goods against financial or written guarantees upon the completion of Customs declaration procedures including control bodies procedures based on the type of goods.
- Exemption from examination and physical inspection except in cases determined by Customs Affairs.
- Distinguishing AEOs Customs declarations through distinguished marks.
- Priority in dealing with AEOs within the facilitation mechanism applied in emergency procedures when electronic clearance system (OFOQ) breakdown or X-ray scanners.
- Benefiting from examination at AEO premises.
- Granting AEO certificate to operators that have passed AEO Programme conditions and requirements. AEOs are announced through press release including Customs Affairs website and official newspapers. Awards ceremony is held to AEOs and their representatives, upon the receipt of AEO certificate.
- Announcement of AEOs at Customs borders.
- Assigning an AEO liaison officer to undertake:
- Assistance and provision of advice to resolve issues and answer inquiries and proper guidance.
- Follow-up of AEOs procedures until release of goods.
- Follow-up of release procedures of AEOs consignments and ensure resolving any problems encountered.
- Providing AEOs with all instructions and issued administrative orders and answering any inquiries.
- Benefiting from Mutual Recognition Agreements (MRAs).
- Coordination with OGAs through signed Service Level Agreements (SLAs) to facilitate and minimise examination procedures on AEOs.
MUTUAL RECOGNITION AGREEMENTS(MRAs)
List of countries that signed MRAs with the Kingdom of Bahrain
- Kingdom of Saudi Arabia